Banana leaf nesting stacking trays are crafted from the locally-gathered leaves and stalks of banana trees. Artisans use a specially designed, handmade needle to thread dried banana leaves around the banana stalks.
We envision these trays as a beautiful and interesting way to serve your guests, be it bringing snacks and drinks to the family room, or laying out towels in the guestroom. The smallest tray fits US letter-size paper, and the medium and large trays are are perfect for serving a 9″x13” baking pan- and keeping your dish warm! The three trays of the set nest inside one another for easy storage.
The Nesting Trays are made by artisans from the Abaharaniriterambere People Fighting for Development Cooperative, who meet on their local school grounds.
- Nesting trays are made from hand-gathered local banana leaves and stalks.
- Nesting trays are sold in sets of three.
- On average, nesting trays measure approximately: 16” x 12” x 3” (large), 14” x 10” x 2.5” (medium), and 12.5” x 9” x 2” (small).
- The smallest tray is just the right size to hold sheets of letter-sized paper.
- The medium and large trays fit a 9″x13” baking pan- a beautiful presentation for home or pot luck meals which also helps keep your dish warm.
- Care: Wipe with a damp cloth. Our trays can get wet, but do not submerge. Dry in the sun.